I have a pair of jeans left in the wardrobe untouched. I used to wear it out a lot but my affection towards it has faded away a lot. 2 weeks before, I looked at it and thought, "Just left it in the wardrobe is surely a waste!". That's why I firmly decided to turn it into a trashed/shredded/distressed denim shorts!
I have yet worn it out but my sister has already borrowed it for a several times. Nice reaction!
其實，我完成這個 DIY 已有兩個星期。但因為懶惰的關係，我遲遲都未弄篇 post 談談。
My baggy distressed/trashed/shredded denim shorts
In these years I have only worn it out once, as seen here. They also the only original pictures I can show you (I forget to take!). This pair of jeans used to be mid-length and was very baggy. As you can see I had rolled up the shorts. I got it from H&M and was boyfriend style. I even brought it in a wrong size, oversized. I liked it but now I dislike it.
Overall, in this DIY, I mainly shortened the jeans and heavily trashed the cuffs. As I am not very into grunge style, I just further made a few slashes on it.
這幾年，我只穿過它外出一次而已，看看這裏。因為記性關係，我忘記了影下它原來的樣子。這幾張相就是我唯一能給到你們看的相。這條牛仔褲曾經是中褲來的，和很鬆，你可以看到我捲起它的褲腳來穿。我在 H&M 到買它的，是 boyfriend風格。我甚至連小也搞錯了-- 買大了。我以前很喜歡它，但現在不。
簡單而言，今次的 DIY 裏，我主要縮短和瘋狂地磨爛它。但我的打扮不太好 grunge，所以破口弄得不太多。
Things you need
A pair of denim jeans, scissors, sandpaper and seam ripper (optional)
(I did not use cutter because at that moment I completely forgot its existence.)
( 我沒有用“界刂(正字亂碼) ”刀，因為那刻，我徹底忘記了它的存在。)
1. Wear the jeans to see how long you want to shorten them.
2. Cut away the extra fabric with scissors.
3. Use seam ripper (more convenient) or finger to pull the horizontal thread at the cuff out.
4. Keep removing the horizontal threads until you think the vertical threads raveled out are long enough.
5. Scrape the cuff with sandpaper (so the damages look more natural).
1. Wear the jeans to see where to slash.
2. Slash them with scissors horizontally in cold blood.
3. Cut away the vertical threads at the slashes.
4. Scrape the slashes with sandpaper (so the damages look more natural).
As my jeans looked too loose on me, I did a little sewing work to make it less baggy
3. 用拆線器 (較方便) 或者手指把褲腳上橫向的線拉出來。
4. 不斷除去橫向的線，直到你認為直向的線 (已散出來的) 夠長。
5. 用沙紙磨褲腳 (可令磨爛效果更自然)。
4. 用沙紙磨破口 (可令磨爛效果更自然)。
Somethings you need to psych up yourself before undergoing this DIY:
1. Fluffs and dusts will be produced. In my case I kept sneezing when I diy-ed.
2. Be concentrate when removing the threads which are delicate, esp. the slashes.
3. Your arms will feel so tired.
4. Your hands and nails may get few slashes, cuts and scrapes.
Good luck! And feel free to send a photo to my e-mail if you make one!
Anyway, it is either cloudy or rainy in Hong Kong everyday. I probably cannot take any outfit photos for a period of time!
有幾項事情你要在 DIY 前有定心理準備：
1. 會有一定數量的絨毛和塵製造出來，而我 DIY 時就不斷打噴嚏。
另外，最近香港幾乎每天不是下雨便是烏雲密佈，相信有段時間我都不能影 outfit 相！
twitter / weibo / facebook / bloglovin' / tumblr