Saturday, July 14, 2012

Old men and the village

_MG_3821 _MG_3847 _MG_3849_MG_3853
Last week I went to the mainland China and visited an old village for a day. The first time I have done in these few years. I mainly saw old men there and hardly saw an adult except those who were hired to take care of the old men. I also peeked in some houses and found that some were deserted or even full of weeds and dust. I guess the adults probably go to the city for work and earn a livelihood while farming is no longer able to support their lives.

/

上星期的某天,我到了內地和去了一條舊村落。已有一段長時間沒去內地了。在那裏,我主要見到老人家,除了那些被雇用來照顧老人家的,甚少見到成年人。有時我偷看一些屋,看到不少已無人居住,有些甚至長滿雜草,佈滿塵埃。我猜想,那些成年人應是到了城市,工作賺錢,而耕田已不足以支撐生活。




twitter / weibo / facebook / bloglovin' / tumblr

6 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures! I would love to walk around there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds quite sad with such a left town. When the old men dies the city will probably be completely left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the photos, I should like to look at villages myself. I think that although there is the possibility that the village will become deserted some day, that eventually it will get revived again. Perhaps that means that there would be some new development and some of the buildings will be lost but I think new life will come back to the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at your photos. Its reminds me on when I went to HongKong last summer! I miss it :(

    ReplyDelete