2014/06/16

Paella

I spent few days in Spain back in May. / 五月時我在西班牙過了幾天。



IMG_1370
The aqueduct
IMG_1190
A wooden confessional in Convento de los Carmelitas Descalzos.
IMG_1254
IMG_1288
Inside Alcázar of Segovia
IMG_1333
IMG_1384 
#1 Segovia

*

a
b
#2 Toledo

*

IMG_1057
IMG_1616
#3 Madrid 

I thought that bullfighting was just fooling around with a cow. But when I entered the amphitheatre I saw a bull bleeding and being dragged by 3 horses, leaving blood on the ground along the way. Bullfighting is to see how the several so-called fighters tortured an innocent cows slowly until it dies. I wiki it a bit. It is for the entertainment of the audience. It is cruel and meaningless. One of my travel mates said that there were cows dying every day, becoming the food of human, therefore, bullfighting was not a big deal. But the process of how a cow dies is also determining. One is doing it directly and quickly but another one is doing it slowly. The amount of pain they have experienced makes a huge difference.

/

我以為鬥牛只是與牛玩雜耍,怎料一進入圓形露天競技場就看到有一隻流着血的牛被三匹馬拖行,地上還留下幾道血痕。鬥牛就是看所謂的勇士如何幾個人一起慢慢地折磨一隻無辜的牛。我維基了鬥牛一點。鬥牛的目的就是娛樂觀眾而已。很殘忍,亦很沒有意義的活動。同行有人說其實每天都有很多牛被人殺死,淪為人類的食物,所以鬥牛其實沒甚麼大不了。但一個殺牛的過程是痛痛快快的,一個是慢慢的來,過程中要承受的痛苦已有很大的分別。

*

IMG_1750
#4 Barcelona



5 comments:

  1. I'm Spanish and I have to say that most of the people are against bullfighting. It used to be a tradition so elders usually like it and support it. Fortunately, this is changing. Some people call it "art". Others call it TORTURE. Bullfighting will be illegal someday and it will disappear.

    I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip. The pics are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for telling me!!

      Delete
    2. I'm also really glad to hear it! When I was in Madrid, I was horrified after seeing a bar that was dedicated to bullfighting. The walls were covered with photos of injured bulls, and at the same time the bartenders looked really happy.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Spain is so beautiful, srsly I have no words to say, it made me speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your pictures are great kiki! thanks for sharing your time in spain.

    ReplyDelete