Central & Admiralty, Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a special administrative region in China. We have our own administrative system. At the moment the Chief executive of Hongkong is elected by 1200 election committee members. But everyone knows that most of these people are pro-Chinese-government. In 2017 every citizen is granted the right to vote
the Chief executive out of 3 candidates. But these 3 candidates are
still elected out by these committee members. No matter who the citizens
vote for, he/she is still chosen by the Chinese government. Therefore,
the movement is to fight for the real "Universal suffrage" and uphold "1
country 2 systems".
1. Not every Hongkonger supports the movement.
2. There is hatred between some Hongkongers and mainland Chinese.
3. The movement was called "Occupy Central". After some incidents, it becomes "Umbrella Revolution".
4. The movement has no leaders.
5. The air quality in the city centers used to be the worst. Now it becomes the best.
6. It is the biggest rally of Hongkong after returning to China from Britain.
7. Original idea of umbrella is to block the pepper spray.
To know more about the movement, google "Umbrella Revolution".
No violence. Peace.